Bruno Bear or Polar Bear Pattern Pack
Teddy Bruno Pattern Pack. An original design by Hilary Clark of Sleepyheads.
Pattern Pack consists of Pattern, black glass eyes and cotter pin head joint.
Stands approx 6" with head joint. I have made this pattern with white fur to create a Polar Bear.
Collectors bear - not for children under 14
Materials required to make
Included in this pack:
• 1 x 44mm cotter pin joint
• 12mm Glass eyes
In addition, the following items will be required:
• ¼ metre 25mm dense mohair
• 6” x 9” felt or ultrasuede for paw pads
• 300 grams of polyester/cotton filling
• polyester/cotton sewing thread
• extra strong thread for eyes
• cotton perle for features
Also see the useful bear making equipment information
Contact Katys Kwilts for your bear making supplies
Useful Bear making equipment
Making Bears requires a few items that you may not find in a standard sewing kit so to help you get started I have put together a list of the items you will need.
Bear Making basic tool kit -
- Cotter pin key or pliers for fitting cotter pin joints
- Nut drivers or spanners for fitting nut & bolt joints
- Sharp small scissors for cutting fur & threads
- Long dolls needles for inserting eyes
- Strong thread
- Sewing thread
- Hand sewing needles (curved needle can help in stitching ears)
- Template plastic or card are useful